Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Recommended links

My father was a musician and, because of his influence, I've developed wide ranging and eclectic musical tastes. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I find it extremely difficult to stay focused and write while there is music playing. Certain ambient music helps my concentration, but I just stumbled on something even better. It's called "Birdsong Radio" and they broadcast the live dawn chorus! What a great concept.

My second link is a recommendation for people who like to keep track of their bird sightings. Cornell Lab of Ornithology has a great online service called eBird. eBird is a free checklist program that allows birders worldwide to enter and access their sightings from any computer with Internet service. It also allows you to look at other birders information. For example, you can see a list of all species observed at the Ridgewood Reservoir here. It's a very useful website for people of all skill levels and interest in birds.

by Rob Jett for "The City Birder"

No comments: