Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Good news from Fordham

I just received the following note from Rich Fleisher:

"Subject: A Hatchling in the Nest!
Date: 5/4/06 9:58 PM


Chris and Rob,
 
There is clearly one hatchling in the nest! I was watching the nest this afternoon about 4:00 when rose flew off. As I had the scope set up I decided to keep watching the nest just to see if there was any movement. As I was looking through the scope's eyepiece I saw one of the stick's in the nest move. As I continued watching I saw this little white, fluffy head peak out the top of the nest. The hatching did this several more times. Rose and Hawkeye were gone for over an hour. Then all of a sudden both returned. Rose had prey which she was bringing back to the nest. I am attaching several pictures of the new hatchling and of Rose with prey.
 
Rich"


Rose and Hawkeye's new arrival



(Photo credit - Rich Fleisher)

No comments: