Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

A Kitchen with a View

As I was finishing up the Piping Plover post my neighbor from upstairs phoned. She said, "Take a look out your kitchen window. I think one of your friends is on the roof." I quickly grabbed my camera & bins and ran into the kitchen. Sure enough, one of the park Red-tailed Hawks had grabbed a pigeon and was plucking it on the roof opposite our building. Someone in that building has been feeding an ever growing flock of pigeons creating a virtual fast food drive, er, fly-in for the local raptors. Who needs to go to a park to see the wildlife?

No comments: