Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Brooklyn's Monk Parakeets

I haven't posted anything about them recently, but I have mentioned Brooklyn's Monk Parakeets in past postings. Probably the largest, or at least most upscale, colony nests within the spires at the entrance to Green-Wood Cemetery. I thought you'd enjoy this video that I found on YouTube:



The annual Christmas Bird Count in Brooklyn is being held this Saturday. For a change, we have a decent sized team for Floyd Bennett Field, Dead Horse Bay and Four Sparrow Marsh. I'm optimistic that I'll have some interesting things to report on Sunday.


by Rob Jett for "The City Birder"

No comments: