Thursday, June 29, 2006

Spider

I spotted this little guy swinging on a strand of silk from my ceiling. Spiders don't bother me and I usually just pick them up and place them either, outside or in a house plant. I placed him on a windowsill in the sun. As I was closing the screen I noticed a green, iridescence glinting off of his body. I told him to stay and went to get my camera. It wasn't easy getting a photo because he is a "Jumping Spider". He was less than cooperative and I kept having to retrieve him and put him back on the sill. I wish my camera had better macro capability because the details on this creature (especially his eyes) are stunning. Enjoy.

Jumping Spider (Eris aurantia)


(Photo credit - Rob J)

-Click here for "Spiders Through the Scanning Electron Microscope"-

2 comments:

Karmyn R said...

I don't particularly like spiders - prefer them outside in my garden eating bugs - but I must say, this is quite a pretty one.

Mr Tuna said...

Regarding macro photography capabilities, many times you can "get closer" by shooting at your highest resolution and then cropping.

Exploring urban nature, birds, birdwatching, birding, hummingbirds, butterflies, dragonflies, bees, hawks, raptors, wildflowers, trees, mushrooms, environment, binoculars, spotting scope