Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Videos from Coastal Brooklyn

Here are a few short videos I shot recently along Brooklyn's coast:


Short-billed Dowitchers at Plum Beach doing what they do best ... foraging like sewing machines.



Heydi, Joe, Sean and I were standing at the eastern edge of Plum Beach when these three Red Knots dropped onto the beach. One was banded and I'll post more information about it shortly. The trio only stayed for about 3 minutes before flying off across the bay.



In the summer, flocks of Black Skimmers are usually only seen at a breeding colony across the bay from Coney Island at Breezy Point. However, arround this time of year many can be seen beginning to stage for migration on the beach at Coney Island, like this flock at West 25th Street.

No comments: