Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Upstate New York

It looks like I won't have time to recount my Labor Day vacation in upstate New York. That said, here are some photos that I took over the several days we spent visiting family in the town of Windham.


Multicolored Asian Lady Beetle

Fragile Forktail

Eastern Forktail Damselfly


Garden Phlox



New England Aster

Ruby-throated Hummingbird




Updated info -
I just received the following from my friend Steve:

The Convergent Ladybug Beetle looks like a Multicolored Asian Lady Beetle. The side view of the pronotum is white but on Convergent Ladybug Beetle it should be black with pencil thin white edges.

Convergent Lady Beetle:


http://bugguide.net/node/view/8374/bgimage?from=48

Multicolored Asian Lady Beetle:


http://bugguide.net/node/view/397/bgimage?from=72

The unidentified damsel looks like a male
Fragile Forktail. There is an interrupted green stripe on the top of the body forming an exclamation point.

No comments: