Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Tuesday late day

Yellow-throated Warbler (Dendroica dominica)

(Photo credit - Steve Nanz)
Prospect Park, April 2003.

When I received a report of a rare, Yellow-throated Warbler at the Vale of Cashmere I ran to the park. I never did locate the bird but did have some other nice observations as I searched the surrounding area.

Willow Oak (Quercus phellos)

(Photo credit - Rob J)
This is one of my favorite park trees. Its finally beginning to bud.

Painted Lady (Vanessa cardui)

(Photo credit - Rob J)
This tattered butterfly was circling me at the Vale of Cashmere.

-Click here for more info on Painted Ladies-

Hawthorn spp.

(Photo credit - Rob J)
A week ago this tree had only tiny buds.

Honeysuckle spp.

(Photo credit - Rob J)
My nose led me to this shrub in the Ravine. When the flowers fully emerge I may be able to figure out the species.

No comments: