Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Nature strikes back

I thought I'd share the following funny e-mail. My mother lives in Florida. This week one of my sisters and her kids are visiting. She just sent dropped me a note that contained the following tidbits. Keep in mind that we all enjoy wildlife, on the other hand, they seem to have it out for them:

"Dear Rob:

[ ... ] Went to the beach today with Eizabeth and the kids. Willie, Elizabeth and I were eating a lunch from 'Subway' when Elizabeth screamed as a gull took off with her lunch. Earlier this morning, at golf, a crow took my golf ball. [ ... ]

Love Mom"


It's a jungle out there ;-)

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Ouch when the crow dropped the golf ball on a golfers head trying to crack the nut. That's what the crows on our street do with the black walnuts.
I believe they actually wait for a car to come down the street then drop it in hopes that it will get cracked.

Exploring urban nature, birds, birdwatching, birding, hummingbirds, butterflies, dragonflies, bees, hawks, raptors, wildflowers, trees, mushrooms, environment, binoculars, spotting scope