Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Friday, October 01, 2010

Guardian Red-tail?

I just returned from a short walk in Prospect Park. As I was crossing the baseball fields I noticed a man sleeping on the bench in one of the dugouts. Perched on the fence a few yards away was a juvenile Red-tailed Hawk. He looked like the guy's guardian angel. It was such a funny image, I felt compelled to point it out to a couple of people walking passed. Like most New Yorkers, they would have walked right by without noticing. I didn't have my camera with me, so had to take the shot with my cellphone. The young raptor was fearless and allowed me to walk within a couple of yards of his roost.

No comments: