Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Brooklyn Hail Storm

At around 8:30pm on Monday, the wind began blowing so hard that I thought our windows would pop out of their frames. Moments later the hail began. At first, I wasn't even certain it was hailing because I couldn't see the ground through the curtain of rain and swirling leaves. I grabbed my camera and ran down to the front door. Here are a few photos of the marble-sized hail.




The wind was so strong that most of the trees on our block had lost their leaves. This is from the next morning:


First our neighborhood was hit by a tornado, then a hail storm, what's next? A plague of locusts?

No comments: