Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Surviving the storm

I received some good news today about Big Mama in Green-Wood Cemetery.

"Date: April 16, 2007 2:06:43 PM EDT
Subject: Big Mamma Still on the nest!

Rob
 
I stopped in Greenwood this morning and was happy to see Big Mama still on the nest. The nest did not look like it took any damage. This made my day. It was still raining and blowing this morning and Mama was just hunkered down in the nest. So I am happy that their nest took this storm in stride. They did a good construction. I suspect JR was nearby in another pine tree. As I drove off I could hear and see Blue Jays making a raucous in a nearby pine, but I didn't stop to investigate, it was raining hard. I just assumed it would be JR, who else would they be mobbing so close to Mama's nest.
 
Marge"

No comments: