Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Breakfast visitor

Juvenile Red-tailed Hawk on roof

(Photo credit - Rob J)

While eating breakfast this morning I noticed a hawk on the roof of an adjacent building. By the brown, banded tail I could tell that it was a young bird. One of Ralph and Alice's offspring? It's impossible to tell but one things for certain, he'll get rid of the pigeon flock hanging around our roof.

2 comments:

Starz723 said...

Rob
Lets not forget about Baby Huey. He could venture into your neighborhood, or might he be in for some competition?

Marge

John Soulier said...

I like the citybirder blog, quite interesting. I live up in Alaska and I really enjoy birding and we have all kinds of neat species of birds up here.
I run a halibut fishing charter and do eco tours out of Homer, Alaska. We end up going out to a neat rookery with thousands of birds. Keep up the good birding in NY


Marc Theiler
Alaska Classic Adventures