Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Friday, February 04, 2022

In Memoriam

It is with much sadness that I report another loss in the local birding community. After a brief but valiant fight, Janet Schumacher has succumb to her illness. She was one of the first birder's that I met in Brooklyn's Prospect Park nearly 30 years ago. My wife and I crossed paths with her on the avenue just last month. We spoke briefly, she flashed a wide smile, waved, then headed down the slope. I would have never imagined that would be the last time I’d see her. I will post more information regarding any plans formal or otherwise.



No comments: