Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Cigars for Queens Red-tails

I just received good news regarding the Briarwood, Queens Red-tailed Hawks:

From: Jeffrey Kollbrunner
Date: April 17, 2009

Subject: RTH Nesting Update


I just wanted to give you an update if you haven't already read my posts that Mama and Papa in Briarwood have had some hatches. At least two little white fluffy heads in the nest bowl that I was able to confirm on 4/14. I couldn't see to the bottom of the nest bowl so we will need to wait and see if there is additional youngsters. The oldest is about 12 days young and the youngest about 9 days young as of today. The hatchlings current size confirms my initial thoughts that the first hatch was on 4/5 when Mama's position in the nest changed from all the previous days of nesting.


You can keep track of the Queens hawks on Jeff's website here.

2 comments:

Rob Jett said...

Sounds great. I'll be there.

D. Bruce Yolton said...

The RFK Bridge (formerly Tribourogh) nest has hatched as well, reports Bobby Horvath.