Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Maspeth Creek & St. Saviour's Church

Green Heron with balloons

(Photo credit - Bernard Ente)

Whenever I cross over the Kosciuszko Bridge in a car I look down at the river below. I wonder about the wildlife in and around
Newtown Creek's industrial environs. I've even considered kayaking up the narrow body of water. Recently I received an e-mail from Bernard Ente who explores Maspeth Creek. Maspeth Creek is one of Newtown Creek's tributaries which also includes English Kills and Dutch Kills. It runs passed the neighborhood where St. Saviour's Church is located.

Bernard has some great photos on his website here:

"Photography by Bernard Ente".

Also, the Juniper Civic Association has created an online petition to save the historic St. Saviour's Church. To sign the petition click the link below:

Save St. Saviour's!

Church with creek in the background (click to enlarge)

No comments: