Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Green-Wood Cemetery hawk update

I just received the following update from Janet Schumacher:

Hi Rob--

I went to Green-Wood on Saturday to check the nest. Unfortunately it looks empty but it is so huge that I know early in spring I also thought it was empty last year.

I was getting ready to leave G-W, disappointed that I hadn't even seen a redtail, when a shadow fell over me and I looked up & saw two redtails. One definite adult but maybe the other one wasn't an adult--it was fairly high. They were catching a nice breeze but then wound up going down the other side of the hill.

janet

No comments: