Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Blue sky, magnolias and cherries

It was a gorgeous spring day! I was walking around the botanic gardens and Prospect Park until my feet hurt. Here are some photos from today. I'll post my bird observations and species list later on tonight.

American Beech (Fagus grandifolia) bud

(Photo credit - Rob J)

Cornelian Cherry (Cornus mas)

(Photo credit - Rob J)

Crab apple?

(Photo credit - Rob J)

Cucumber Magnolia (Magnolia acuminata) bud

(Photo credit - Rob J)

Forsythia

(Photo credit - Rob J)

Japanese Flowering Cherry (Prunus "Okame")

(Photo credit - Rob J)

May-apple (Podophyllum peltatum) beginning to unfurl

(Photo credit - Rob J)

Animal skull under cherry tree

(Photo credit - Rob J)

Red Trillium (Trillium sessile)

(Photo credit - Rob J)

No comments: