Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Wednesday, May 12, 2004


(Photo credit - Sean Sime)

Hawk food

This morning I received an interesting e-mail from Mary E.:

"...Yesterday after you and Peter left I went up to the Ravine, and then to Rick's. I was told there was a Cape May, which I didn't find. But I did see two [Turkey Vultures] circling the hawk's nest. One of the parents came out to shoo them away. I assume that they were attracted by what seemed to be a fairly large carcass that I saw one of the hawks dragging back to the nest."

Hmmm, a lost poodle, perhaps?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read that some hawks like chihuahuas. Mmmm, mexican food.

Anonymous said...

where are the photos? I want pictures!!! Lili