Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Sunday, May 16, 2004

I received the following e-mail from my friend Janet. She has been keeping tabs on the Red-tailed Hawk nest in Green-Wood Cemetery:

Hi Rob--

Birded G-W today with Joe [B.'s] group. He brought his scope to check out the redtails.

The nest seems to be deeper and it wasn't easy to see the chicks. Probably there are two. They still look very white and fuzzy. Several times I thought that I saw a pretty big fuzzy wing poke up over the nest. And at least one of them spent some time looking around.

While we down on the flats pretty far away from the nest, the hawk that had been on the nest zoomed down fairly close to us. No growling. Then we moved further up on the hillside.

So they seem to be on schedule.

Janet

No comments: