Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

A Request for Help

I don't really use my blog for this type of request, but it is important enough for me to make an exception.

My long time friend Shane Blodgett and family are going through a rough patch right now. Shane was recently diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. The initial treatment wasn't working, so it's been stopped. A GoFundMe page has been set up to help the family with various expenses here.

Shane is an unique individual I've mentioned dozens of times on this blog. He is arguably one of the best birders in New York State. I've detailed our many Big Year exploits in 2006 (search the label "Big Year"). Multi-talented, he blew us all away at his 50th birthday party when he picked up a guitar and started singing at a NYC bluegrass club!

If you can donate anything it will be greatly appreciated by Shane, Rachel and family. Thanks.

Photographer: Morgan Shortell

No comments: