Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Weekly Sparrow Spotlight


The Lark Sparrow is one of the only sparrows seen around Brooklyn that is unlikely to be mistaken for anything else. It’s large size and bold head pattern is distinctive. This sparrow breeds, primarily, west of the Mississippi, however during the Fall migration they are a rare migrant along the east coast. One of my favorites, I’ve seen this beautiful sparrow in Brooklyn a handful of times in the past 25 years. Three of those times in Green-Wood Cemetery.

Is sparrow ID giving you trouble? Join me for my two part sparrow identification class at Green-Wood Cemetery. Click here for more info or to sign up.

No comments: