Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Tern Colony Follow-up

I just received a nice note from Pam Langford regarding the Governor's Island Common Tern colony that I reported on last month.



From: Pamela Langford
Subject: Governors Island terns
Date: August 1, 2012

Rob:

Wanted to say thanks for the tip on the Governors Island terns. [...]

Since I live in lower Manhattan, Governors Island is an easy trip for me and I've been able to see a lot of the tern colony and watch the babies growing up. They continued to enjoy the phone booth, by the way. Last weekend parents were luring the kids off the pier -- it was hilarious to watch.

A few photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8867349@N08/sets/72157630467315936/with/7674159842/

Best,
Pam

No comments: