Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Botanic Garden Hawk

I just received the following email from my friend Janet:

From: Janet Schumacher
Date: June 2, 2010
Subject: City bird

As I left the Brooklyn Botanic Garden's evening picnic around 8 pm, I heard someone talk about "that bird." I glanced over, and there was a Redtail, eschewing the free popcorn and cotton candy, calmly ripping apart a large rabbit on the ground. It was near the cherry esplanade where hundreds of people were gathered, and it was surrounded by dozens of people with their cell phones out, snapping photos. The Redtail was enjoying the freshest picnic of all and didn't care that it had blood on its feathers.

No comments: