Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Monday, May 01, 2006

22nd Annual NYC Audubon Birdathon
&
1st Annual City Birding Challenge


(Photo credit - Rob J)

It's that time of year again. No, not spring cleaning, but spring bird migration. New York City Audubon is sponsoring the 22nd Annual Birdathon. In addition, they have created the 1st Annual City Birding Challenge. The fundraising/awareness raising event coincides with the International "Migratory Bird Day."

What I like about this year's event is that it attracts birders of all skill levels. You don't have to be an obsessive-compulsive birder like me to have a great time. The Birdathon is a great opportunity for honing one's skills, meeting other birders, raising money for a great cause and, most important, having fun outdoors.

I'll be out with our team counting birds before sunrise and look forward to sharing my experience in words and photos.

-Click here for more information-

No comments: