Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Sunday in Prospect Park

It was an unseasonably warm day and my wife and I took a stroll in the park to explore some of the fall changes. I'll post a complete report and our day list tomorrow. Here are some photos until then.

Follow-up: Too much time has passed and the day's details have faded a bit. I'll have to skip my usual day report. However, the highlight of the day was seeing a Yellow-billed Cuckoo perched at the flower garden at the park's 5th Street entrance. Also, I've added some links to go with the photos

Yellow-billed Cuckoo (Coccyzus americanus)

(Photo credit - Steve Nanz)

-Click here for more info on Yellow-billed Cuckoos-

Painted Lady (Vanessa cardui)


(Photo credit - Rob J)

Ginkgo biloba

(Photo credit - Rob J)

-Click here to learn why ginkgo berries smell-

Goldenrod (Solidago spp)

(Photo credit - Rob J)

Climbing Nightshade (Solanum dulcamara)

(Photo credit - Rob J)

New York Aster

(Photo credit - Rob J)

Ailanthus Webworm Moth (Atteva punctella)

(Photo credit - Rob J)


-Click here for more info on the Ailanthus Webworm Moth-

-Click here for more info on Ailanthus trees-

No comments: