Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Live Peregrine Cam

I highly recommend a visit to the live Peregrine Cam at 55 Water Street in lower Manhattan. I like to keep the window open in the corner of my computer screen while I'm working. The "fluff balls" spend a lot of time sleeping right now but occasionally waddle around their 14th floor penthouse. ;-)

http://falcons.55water.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those little puff balls on their perch. The story of the peregrine falcon comeback is another good news bird story.

thanks for the link (now I have more ways to procrastinate!)

Anonymous said...

Rob, I'm a new Mac user and don't know much about it. I tried to access the peregrine chicks and was told that I couldn't through Safari...

The page “Live Video "BirdCam" 55 Water Street, New York City” has content of MIME type “application/x-mplayer2”, but you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type. A plug-in should be available on this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/MediaPlayer/

Well, I went to that page and couldn't figure out where to go for a plug-in, or what to do. Can you help me? I sure would like to see these chicks!