Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Brooklyn Groundhog

I was cycling on the loop road around Prospect Park when I spotted a furry, brown animal ambling through a stretch of trees near the skating rink construction site. I've seen groundhogs in Brooklyn's Green-Wood Cemetery, but was unaware that they survived anywhere else in the borough. This little guy's home is slowly being overrun by construction as the rink's parking lot and adjacent grassy field are replaced by the new complex.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

I saw my first in Green-Wood this past weekend. Hope this PP one survives the gentrification of the rink.

Anonymous said...

Saw this fellow or his neighbor in the park this weekend, on Breeze Hill above the construction. Best of luck to all of them.