Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Another Queens Red-tail

Katie Honan just sent me the following photos of a Red-tailed Hawk she spotted on her balcony.

Katie lives in Woodside, Queens, near the Calvary Cemetery. I'm guessing that this hawk she found eating a squirrel on her lounge chair is a resident of the cemetery. Mmmmm, Thanksgiving squirrel, ahhhh....



1 comment:

Queens Raptors said...

Hello Rob,

That is probably the father of the Woodside projects nest. I have followed him to that area around Queens Blvd. and the cemetery on several occasions. I spotted him flying over the 52nd. Street train station this afternoon.