Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Friday, September 04, 2015

Binocular Gallery

While searching the Internet for a cutaway view of my Leica Trinovid binoculars I stumbled on Gary Hawkings' photo gallery of his binocular collection. The geek in me really enjoyed seeing some of these cool optics, but this one design had me scratching my head:


Made in England, it's called the Kershaw Sportsman. I'm not really sure how practical it would be to try and walk around with your vision magnified even by a small amount. Might be why they never caught on, although they are looking quite steampunk. Could we see a run on these puppies? You can pick up a pair on eBay and Etsy. Just sayin'.

Check out Gary's collection here.

There is also the Museum of Optics here.

No comments: