Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hardworking Titmouse

I just received the following, funny email from my friend Janet:

From: Janet Schumacher
Date: April 26, 2009 12:59:12 PM EDT

Subject: Sunday 4/26


I saw a Tufted Titmouse vigorously trying to pull hairs from a comatose raccoon high up in a fork in a tree on the south side of the first landing of the steps going down into the Vale. This was no casual effort, the titmouse kept working away. The raccoon must have been so glutted on all the picnic food overflowing the trash cans, that it didn't move a muscle (or fat roll). The Birder's Handbook (Ehrlich) notes that titmice do use fur to line their nests.

No comments: