Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Red-tailed Visitor

I just received an email from my friend, Janet, about a late day visitor to her fire escape.

Janet lives on the southwest side of Prospect Park. Her fire escape faces the park and she keeps well stock bird feeders outside the window. She has had some interesting birds visit the feeders, but I think this one was a first:

Date: January 24, 2009 12:16:51 AM EST
Subject: there's a Redtail sleeping on my fire escape

Hey Rob,
I thought you'd like this--there's a Red-tailed Hawk on my fire escape and he's (she?) been there since about 6 pm! Its after midnight now so it looks like he's spending the night. He's asleep....  Very cool!! I tried to get some shots while it was still light with my point and shoot!

Guess he thinks there might be a good early breakfast at our feeders :)   I suggested putting some chopped squirrel in the feeders (not!!) Wonder if this is a one-night stand or whether he will return...


Check out Janet's website here.

No comments: