Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Another hawk update

Virginia Bluebells (Mertensia virginica )

(Photo credit - Rob Jett)

On Saturday I went back to Ridgewood Reservoir for another bird survey, then the botanic gardens on Sunday for the cherry blossoms. I have lots of photos and two reports that will be up in the morning. Until then, here is a report that I just received from Rich Fleisher at Fordham University in the Bronx:

From: Rich Fleisher
Date: May 7, 2007 8:39:58 PM EDT

I was out digiscoping this afternoon and I was finally able to get some photos of the eyeases.  Looking through the scope I believe that there are two chicks this year.  If I remember last year, however, we thought we only saw two and there were really three in the nest.  This year's nest is even harder to see through.
 
Rich


Rose and chick (click to enlarge)


(Photo credit - Rich Fleisher)

1 comment:

Pamela said...

what a dedicated mother!
and just in time for mothers day!