Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Another try for the Hudsonian Godwit

American Oystercatchers (Haematopus palliatus)

(Photo credit - Rob J)

Common Buckeye (Junonia coenia)

(Photo credit - Rob J)

Shane and I made another dawn run to Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge in an attempt to locate a Hudsonian Godwit. As they say, "three times a charm", as we finally found one. The bird with the exceptionally long bill was feeding in the shallow water at the northwest corner of the East Pond. He was feeding with an American Avocet, another bird with an impressive bill.

American Avocet (Recurvirostra americana) & Hudsonian Godwit (Limosa haemastica )



(Photo credit - Rob J)

-Click here for more info on Hudsonian Godwit-

1 comment:

pdberger said...

Hi Rob, Sorry for posting this here but I couldn't find an email address on your blog.

I'm a freelance journalist and I was wondering if I could interview you for a story about birdblog?

Best

Paul