Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Other Red-tailed Hawk updates

Below are a couple of NYC nesting Red-tailed Hawk updates:

"Subject: Greenwood Red-Tails..Good news
Date: 3/25/06 3:18 PM

I was in Greenwood briefly today. As I passed the vicinity of the nest, I heard a strange sound I'm not familiar with. Following the sound towards a pine tree I witnessed the redtail pair mating! 
 
Hopefully they will be productive. Im holding a good thought. :-)
 
Marge"


The following is about an annual nesting pair in Inwood Hill Park at the northern end of Manhattan:

Inwood Hill Park & Hudson River

(Photo credit - Google Earth)

"Subject: Inwood Hill RT nesting
Date: 3/27/06 12:09 PM

Saturday 3PM. Binocular view of still-leafless Inwood Park Hill from north across the Spuyten Duyvil showed a Red Tail Hawk nest still high (and inaccessible) on the ridge in last year's location. With the telescope, Barry and I saw a hawk on the nest. She was very tawny-pale on head and shoulders. (As in Pale Male pale?).

Rita Freed"

No comments: