Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

"Birding in the Rain"

Yesterday I participated in the Bronx leg of the Christmas Bird Count. It was the second worse weather conditions I've experienced during my nine years of CBCs. I'll post a complete report tonight. In the interim, here is an e-mail and great photo the I received from my friend, Roberto:

"On Sunday morning I went by Floyd Bennett field; it was shrouded in thick fog with a visibility of some 40-50 ft. By the northernmost runway was this peregrine perched on one of the signs. A very cool sight! Enjoy."

Floyd Bennett Peregrine in fog

(Photo credit - Roberto Cavalieros)

No comments: