Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Spring "Tripod Incident" final word

I ran into a couple of birding acquaintances at the green market this morning. They asked me what finally happened with my friend who had received a summons for carrying a tripod in Prospect Park this past spring. I apologize for never posting a follow up so here is the last word from Mike:

Several people have asked me about the outcome of the ticket I received in Prospect Park back in late May. As was expected, the judge dismissed the case, and that was the end of my legal involvement with this incident.

Rather than reply to each e-mail separately, I thought I would ask the listowners' indulgence one last time and post the text of the letter I received from the New York City Police Department. If anyone feels the need to, please contact me offlist.

"78th Precinct
65 6th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11220

August 3, 2005

Dear Mr. Zablocky,

I am writing to you, on behalf of the Commanding Officer, 78 Precinct, regarding your complaint against Police Officer Merline Lewis, who issued a summons to you on May 31, 2005.

Police Officer Lewis was questioned by the undersigned investigator and was instructed in the New York City Police Department's policy of courtesy, professionalism and respect when interacting with the public. A copy of your complaint will be maintained in Officer Lewis' permanent personnel file which is maintained for her entire career.

Thank you for bringing this matter to the Department's attention.

Sincerely,

Lieutenant Richard Murphy
Integrity Control Officer
78 Precinct"

Michael S. Zablocky
Brooklyn, NY


So it is now safe to carry your tripods into city parks...just don't sit on any park benchs without kids.

Woman Ticketed For Sitting On Park Bench Without Kids

No comments: