Check out City Birder Tours, and Green-Wood sponsored tours on their calendar pages here.
Celebrate your inner nerd with my new t-shirt design! Available on my Spreadshirt shop in multiple colors and products.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Red-tailed Hawk Encounter

I just received the following e-mail from my friend Steve:

"Last weekend I was looking at one of the Ash-throateds with Phil [..]. We walked out of the Park together and nearly stepped on an imm RedTail which had just caught a squirrel. I actually hit him with my foot. He moved off a few feet. We walked off a bit. He went back to his prey. I took a few shots, two of which are on the web with the Ash-throated shots. It then took off with prey down the path.

Steve"


Protecting his catch

(Photo credit - Steve Nanz)

Flying off to eat in peace

(Photo credit - Steve Nanz)

1 comment:

Dave Dorsey said...

Excellent pictures. What a neat encounter.